Dec 8, 2011

foundation overview #20: Giorgio Armani Designer Lift.



after seeing a review for this foundation on Front Row Beauty, i instantly wanted to try it. unfortunately i had to wait a few weeks until the new foundation from Giorgio Armani called Designer Lift was released in germany.
this is a new foundation targeted towards the more mature skin or drier skin, it claims to restore
"up to 10 years of luminosity, firms lines up to 87%, and firms skin by 73%. For 12 hours of lifting action."

well, although i don't need any of this and also don't have dry but even oily skin, i still wasn't put off regarding the nice experiences i made with other lifting foundations like the Guerlain Parure Gold which is also aimed towards mature skins.

the Designer Lift foundation claims to give you an "Invisible Face Lift" thanks to its unique "Stretching Micro-fil™ technology [...] that immediately stretches, softens and firms the skin surface".

the fun part is their claims of this foundation to give you a special luminosity and glow since they are using Prussian blue pearl pigments to create an "intense depth and luminosity to revive skin and correct color irregularities, while relieving dullness. Soft focus effect creates a youthful glow."

i'm not that big into the process of creating a foundation, the mixture of pigments and so on, i guess the Prussian blue pigment thing is something new that they use to blend into the colour but i don't know what other sort of blue or any colour is used normally - it would be great to get an expert opinion here ;)
well, key is: it's not blue(ish) in any angle or lighting, but i also don't see any serious objective difference to another good foundation that i like.

i ordered this foundation on douglas.de, it costs 48.95€ on there.
the Designer Lift comes in the same packaging as the Luminous Silk foundation by GA, a frosted glass bottle with precise pump that feels nice in my hands.
after seeing some online swatches and reviews, i chose shade #4 (my regular GA shade #4.5 is not available with this new foundation) for my NC20-25 skin in MAC since i found #3 looking too light for me. #4 is a medium shade with honey golden undertones. the colour does oxidise minimally on me, what begins with an NC20-colour ends up as a NC25 10 minutes later. see my swatches below to compare to other GA foundations.

Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation freshly aplied
Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation 10 Minutes after application


comparison

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in 4.5 - GA Designer Lift in 4 - GA Lasting Silk UV in 4.5 - MAC Pro Longwear in NC20

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in 4.5 - GA Designer Lift in 4 - GA Lasting Silk UV in 4.5 - MAC Pro Longwear in NC20


the foundation has a creamy, soft consistency. it blends very well, with the fingers i get a lovely even finish but i love to apply this foundation with my Le Métier de Beauté Blush Brush the most. buffed in gently with the tips of the brush head, it creates a flawless dewy finish with a medium, buildable to full coverage. it covers all marks and blemishes and diminishes all of my redness.
the foundation feels nourishing but lightweight on my skin, it sets after a few minutes to a glowy finish but dry to the touch. it makes my skin appear refined, even and lush without a cakey look, settling into pores or fine lines. it provides an spf of 20.
i still need to set it with powder, though - i find it works amazingly well with the Giorgio Armani Micro-fil Loose Powder to give a smooth, velvety and luminous result.

the Designer Lift foundation lasts about 7-8 hours on me before i become too shiny, but it still won't be blotchy. i really like how this foundation doesn't smudge, but when it does, the coverage still remains even.

the finish reminds me of Chanel Pro Lumière foundation, very perfected and smooth, unless the staying power is much better than Chanel. it's also similar to Guerlain's Parure Gold foundation but is a better colour match for me.
in comparison to Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV, this one is dewier and creamier with a comparable staying power and better coverage. the GA Luminous Silk is also not as dewy as this one and doesn't apply as nicely.

take a look at my other foundation reviews here.

tihilw

without any make up - with Giorgio Armani Designer Lift in #4 and GA Master Corrector in #2 (i don't know why this fdt. photographs so incredibly yellow...)

setted with Giorgio Armani Micro-fil Loose Powder



ingredients:
octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 1.9% water, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethecone, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1, dimethicone, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, fragrance, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, adenosine, magnesium sulfate, peg-10 dimethicone, peg/ppg/18/18 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerine, cellulose gum, silica, limonene, benzyl salicylate linalool, synthetic fluorphlogopite, sorbitol, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, methylsilanol/silicate crosspolymer, butylphenyl methylpropional, aluminum hydroxide alumina, hexyl cinnamal {may contain} iron oxides, ferric ferrocyanide, bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide.



19 comments:

  1. I think you mean it reminds you of Chanel Pro Lumiere :D But I know what you meant. Looks beautiful either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great but costs quite much! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hört sich unheimlich verlockend an! Hoffentlich gibts die auch in einem schönen hellen Ton ... erst mal nachstöbern gehen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing on your skin! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing on you! :) I want to try the GA foundation too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. does it only photograph that yellow or does it actually look that yellow in person?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, great to hear you also got enabled by Reika's review on this foundation! ;)

    I got it this week, and I'm loving it so far! Should do my review on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @LauraJean396: yes, thank you! it was def. Pro Lumière which i meant ;)

    @MissL: thank you! but for Armani, it's even the more affordable version of their Designer foundation! (the cream foundation costs something about 75€)

    @Bambi Twelvetrees, Silvia Quirós, Rainy Days and Lattes: thank you for your nice compliments!

    @Isabella: this is a yellow based shade, but it's not as curry-yellow in real life like in the photograph. with the late winter sun (uhmm, late by 2pm??!!) everything goes so yellow :(

    @Jess: yes, Reika, if you hear that: you're such a big enabler! i went all the suqqu way because of her, too ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read that you work in a clinic. it would be great if you could show us some nude looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @anonymous: aye aye! i'm just about to write a nude fotd post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got a sample of this foundation and I love it! I love the finish. I'm thingking of getting this one after I run out of my GA lasting silk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could the photographing blue have something to do with the awesome-possum blue pigment or whatever? (hee). I need to try a GA makeup item!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry to say, but in the pictures it makes you look sick. It's way to dark and yellow for you and the contrast with your neck/chest area is obvious. You should have went with the third shade. On the other hand, the finish does seem luminous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandra,
    you don't need to feel uncomfortable at all, it's your opinion and i appreciate that.
    i don't think that it's so much darker than my neck/chest area though, while in fact without foundation i'm much redder and darker than my neck.
    i think the "sick" look always comes from high coverage foundations, they just take any shadow and healthy flush out of your face (after contour, blush and so on it's a lot better ;)). would i have gone lighter with the foundation, i would look even more corpse-like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for not taking it in a bad way, it wasn't meant that way. I never liked the mask effect you get from full coverage foundations, and in your case, you are lucky not to need them.
    I don't either, but if I did, I think I would use full coverage on the 'bad skin' and a sheerer foundation on the 'good skin'.
    There's nothing worse then a skin with problems caked in heavy foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got this same foundation and it makes me look really yellow too. Don't know why it does this since they added Prussian blue pigment. Maybe that's what makes it look so yellow. I have oily skin and the dewiness wasn't helping it any. I prefer the GA Lasting Silk for my skin type. I think the only time I will use this is when I am looking red or splotchy because I didn't notice any "lifting" properties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I have combination skin, and did not know which would work better Guerlain parure gold or the Giorgio Armani designer lift. Which one would you recommend? I am NC35.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for longevity, i'd prefer the Guerlain Parure Gold. i'd recommend it if you can get a good match. the Designer Lift also feels very luxurious, but in total, longevity is more important for me.

      Delete
  18. Great post! I just whish I knew which one of the Designer Lift shades is the most pink-toned (my skin is very light pink-toned,I can not wear yellow-untertones)..

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...